To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Gisele Glosser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Math Goodies Newsletter: No. 4-19 (Oct 1, 2002)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:29:00 -0400

Introducing Ofoto, a Kodak company. Now there's an easy
way to share your digital photos online and send real
prints to those you love. Click here and receive 20% off!
http://click.topica.com/caaawqkaVxi57a4XSlza/Ofoto

THE MATH GOODIES NEWSLETTER: Vol. 4, No. 19  -Oct 1, 2002

===================
Sponsor's Spotlight
===================

NEED HELP WITH EQUATION EDITOR?
http://208.132.93.126/ads/topoct1.asp

If you're using the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, perhaps you'd
like a few tips from the experts. Our "Equation Editor Tips & Tricks"
has 23 hints to make your life easier. Even better -- try a free trial
version of MathType, the professional version of Equation Editor!

===============
News and Events
===============

<-- National Metric Week -->

Celebrate National Metric Week with your students from October 6-12, the
10th month of the year and the week containing the 10th day.  Useful links:
http://www.nctm.org/meetings/metric-week.htm
http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/faq.metric.html
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/kids/metric.htm
http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/

==========
What's New
==========

We are donating our CD to help young cancer patients and their families.
Stay tuned for more information, including a press release.
http://www.mathgoodies.com/press/

Math Goodies was featured as the Site Spotlight on the BURST! Media home
page in September.  BURST! is the leading Internet advertising network
representing specialty-content web publishers.
http://www.burstmedia.com

==========
Need Help?
==========

As the school year unfolds, you may find that you have questions or need
help.  Feel free to post to one of our Forums to find answers.  We have
a great community of helpful educators.  Come and join our forums!
http://www.mathgoodies.com/forums/

=============
Did You Know?
=============

Did you know that our CD-ROM has 62 lessons, 80 Practice Exercises and 8
Bonus Worksheets not available on our web site?  It also has our famous
Integer Football Worksheet and Playing Field.  Get it now!
http://www.mathgoodies.com/cdrom/

========================
Teaching Tips and Ideas
========================

--> Working Collaboratively in Groups, by Gisele Glosser <--

I usually place students into heterogeneous groups of 4 for cooperative
learning.  Students have this amazing way of explaining things to each
other, and verbalizing math is a good skill for them to learn.  I choose
the group partners, but I allow each group to choose a unique name.
This really motivates them.  For more ideas about group work, visit:
http://www.mathgoodies.com/articles/coop_learning.shtm

=====================
  Sponsor's Spotlight
=====================

Place your ad here for only $100!  You'll be able to track the number of
clicks on your link for 30 days!  Your ad will consist of a Site Title,
URL, and a 288-character description of your site, product, or service.
http://www.mathgoodies.com/newsletter/sponsorships.shtm

See our Media Kit for great advertising opportunities on our site!
Traffic is at an all-time high, and we have a very loyal following.
http://www.mathgoodies.com/advertise/

==========
Disclaimer
==========

The additional ads in this issue are from Topica, our free list-hosting
service.  Topica requires their inclusion and we do not endorse any of
the products or services they advertise.  We have tried to exclude
objectionable ad categories, however, we cannot guarantee that Topica
will not display such ads.  Please click on our Sponsor's Spotlights!

Copyright 1999-2002, Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

You may pass this newsletter onto others in its entirety.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
http://click.topica.com/caaacQXaVxi57a4XSlzf/TopOffers