Oleg:

        Hello! Try this: go to ftp.echogent.com, and get the
EchoFree binary from the EchoFree directory. That's the compiled
binary for version 0.72. Its VPN capabilities (ie, the ability
to connect two Kaboodle sessions running on two different LANs)
is definitely functional.

        I've attached the EchoFreeBase.h file from that version.
It has the same functions you describe, which leads me to think
that you've discovered a bug that, somehow, doesn't cause a
runtime failure all the time.

        Your fix sounds like the right one. Good catch.

-Scott