Hello Scott.
The log file WithAOL\NidLog.txt (connection via AOL and crash)
shows following.
The latest 3 strings are next:
- StartOSDetection: BEGIN
- AutoDetectDeviceType: BEGIN
- AutoDetectDeviceType: 172.194.188.224
It seems to me that crash has occurred
- inwardly to the function
DWORD CSearchNetworkManager::AutoDetectDeviceType(...), or
- inwardly to some function, which called from AutoDetectDeviceType().
(The log process is made so that if function ends then we see something
like
- AutoDetectDeviceType: BEGIN
- AutoDetectDeviceType: END)
I have added enhanced information into the file NidLog.txt.
Please update latest CVS source and run Kaboodle in debug build.
Please send to me NidLog.txt.

You wrote:
> ...Perhaps the OS detection process is not being bypassed correctly?
Yes. From above log file I see, that OS detection process starts in case of
connection via AOL.
I didn't found Kaboodle's source code, which detect a modem.
Now I don't know as to detect a modem.
I'll try to search that.
- Igor