Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
Rob Gonzalez wrote:

Argh, lingustic typo confusion :) I meant to write verifier, but wrote
interpreter. I should not debug & write e-mail at the same time :(

Ah, I see. Yes, the verifier does stand somewhat apart from the rest of the
VM; you can even shift part of it to an off-line preprocessor or to a
different CPU at runtime, and of course you can function pretty well without
having one at all. So the Classpath exception works pretty well.

Would it help the licensing situation if the verifier were self-contained
and connected to the kaffe internals through a single glue file providing
the interface between the verifier and the rest of kaffe? That would also
make it a little easier to plug in the libgcj verifier, JustICE, or
whatever else in the future.

I'm completely for modularity ! :) Go ahead.

Me too!

cheers,
dalibor topic