Dave,

This is really great. Two things:

   1. Would you be willing to add this to the kafka wiki so we could make
   this the official howto doc?
   2. It might be good to add a "how to contribute your client" section.
   This would be hard to write right now because we haven't given anyone any
   guidelines for doing it. We have been pretty liberal in accepting clients
   kind of proceeding on the "something is better than nothing" theory. But
   this leads to clients of mixed quality and little documentation, as you and
   Joe noted. I will break this into a separate thread to broaden the
   discussion.

-Jay