Hey Guys,

The request format in 0.8 has drifted a bit from the proposal (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/New+Wire+Format+Proposal).
A lot of this was new fields that were needed. But some oddities have
slipped in.

For example we are reusing PartitionData.scala in both the produce request
and the fetch response. This seems like clever code reuse, but in reality
it changes the protocol to add a bunch of non-sensical fields into the
request format. For example in a request one now has to specify a error
code, and initial offset, and a high water mark!

Is this intentional? I recommend we change this before the release.
Thoughts?

-Jay