On 9/26/18 9:34 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
Currently implemented CLI is as follows:

Nice and helpful overview!

kallithea config create
kallithea frontend create

and the specific commands that 'frontend create' is wrapping:

Should the sub-commands perhaps more be seen as optional parts of "create", and be controlled by passing options like --install-deps and --generate to the sub command create?

kallithea frontend install-deps
kallithea frontend generate-css

I think the css and js parts will be hard/wrong to separate. It should thus probably just be named something like 'generate' from the start?

The way I saw the conversion of existing commands:

kallithea cache-keys show        cache-keys --show
kallithea cache-keys cleanup      cache-keys --cleanup

kallithea celery run                      celeryd

kallithea repo cleanup               cleanup-repos

('cleanup' is also badly named. Something like 'purge' or 'purge-deleted' or 'purge-backups' seems more correct and intuitive.)

kallithea repo scan                     repo-scan
kallithea repo update-cache     update-repoinfo
kallithea repo invalidate-cache   update-repoinfo --invalidatecache
(Not exactly sure about the difference between both, to be discussed)

kallithea iis install                         install-iis

(The two levels of sub-commands seem a bit redundant. But consistency is nice. Then, should it be "create" instead of "install"?)

kallithea ishell                               ishell

kallithea config create              make-config

kallithea index create               make-index -f (full)
kallithea index update              make-index    (parameters to this
tool are unclear to me)

kallithea extensions create       make-rcext

kallithea db create                    setup-db

(I agree 'create' is better than 'setup'. But still not spot-on, as it doesn't really create the database - in only populates it with tables and initial data. That should probably just be clarified in documentation.)

kallithea db upgrade                upgrade-db

kallithea front-end create

(we need consistent spelling ;-) )

+    subprocess.check_call(['npm', 'run', 'less'], cwd=rootdir)
+
+@frontend.command()
+@click.pass_context
+def create(ctx):
+    """Create the front-end completely"""
+    ctx.invoke(install_deps)
+    ctx.invoke(generate_css)
I was thinking that we maybe should make it more clear that the
'create' step is the master command that does everything, and the
other steps are just for finer control for power users. Not sure how
to do that best...

(discussed above)

/Mads