Hi Steve,

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 01:20:59 Steve wrote:
> Thank you for the supportive reply.  I must admit it was disheartening
> to see 6 small patches go for over a week without any comments from
> anyone.  It's also been a little embarrassing telling colleagues
> looking at my application code that to run it they not only need to
> pull a fresh subversion tree but they also need to manually patch it
> as well.

I'll ensure that I merge the patches onto a branch tonight for review and
merge (unless someone else offers to do so first).

> I can understand longer delays between feature based releases, but it
> would be great if there was at least a way to streamline getting
> corrective fixes into subversion.

I think there's two things that need to change here really to make things
easier: a license change to BSD (or BSD like - either MIT or Apache license),
and also a clearer simpler description of what needs doing - ie about
enabling code to actually get into the code tree. The current process is more
of a barrier than it should be, and needs tweaking.

Michael.
--
http://yeoldeclue.com/blog
http://twitter.com/kamaelian