Hi Michael,

Attached is an updated python file which includes those same four
utility components.  I've incorporated most of your suggestions.  In
fact, I liked your suggested main loop simplification so much, that I
took it a step further and made them simpler yet.  I have also
employed the "inheritance" mechanism for the default value parameters.
 I'm not dead set against using that mechanism for all the parameters,
but I'd like you to take a look at this way first.  And like my
previous email said, I'd like you to try to help me find acceptance
with using it for non-optional parameters like you seem to prefer.

Thanks,
Steve