https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=509847

--- Comment #5 from tempqd <[email protected]> ---
No worries, and thanks for all your work on klipper! For such a niche feature I
feel like it's definitely enough if we just leave it as is. I'll just leave
some thoughts in case anyone feels extra motivated to improve it.


So, indeed if the button is about to show a popup list with multiple actions of
different types (e.g. default 'https' HTML match + custom 'youtube' launch in
mpv match), perhaps the `system-run` icon and "Show action list" or something
is the best we can do.


But, when there's only one matching pattern, or one matching command (e.g.
'mailto' compose new in Thunderbird):

For the built-in MIME-based actions, I was hoping it would be simple to match
and use the icon for that MIME type. Or if there's only one application that
can open it, maybe that application's icon? (Maybe can also try to append
`-symbolic` if it exists, to be cleaner)

For arbitrary custom user-created actions, since you can actually already
choose an icon and description yourself for it, I was hoping it's easy to
simply use those in the klipper list if it's the only match? Or otherwise the
same as above, or again generic as is.


If these direct substitutions are actually not as easy to implement as I
thought, then no worries and status quo is fine.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to