https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526411
Bug ID: 526411
Summary: Notifications about other computers appear on my
computer
Classification: Plasma
Product: plasmashell
Version First 6.7.5
Reported In:
Platform: Fedora RPMs
OS: Linux
Status: REPORTED
Severity: normal
Priority: NOR
Component: Audio Volume widget
Assignee: [email protected]
Reporter: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Target Milestone: 1.0
DESCRIPTION
The "audio muted" notification that pops up in the center of the screen appears
for OTHER users' computers.
I'm currently working in an office environment, and when another user closes
their laptop, I get, on MY machine, a notification with the other user's name.
I think this is only MacBooks, as the notification says "XXXs MacBook Air",
"XXXs MacBook pro" etc.
I myself am using a PC. I have Bluetooth enabled (for my mouse and keyboard),
and I am connected to the shared WiFi, but I am definitely not in any way
connected to other people's computers. Most of the notifications I get are for
people whom I don't even know - they are just people in the same building,
working for another company.
Note: This might not be related to the Audio Volume widget, but I THINK it is,
as the notification looks like the "Audio Muted"-notification, but with another
text displayed.
If I could get some guidance on how to find logs for this, I'd be happy to try
to capture some.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Have a laptop running with the desktop unlocked (on your computer).
2. Wait for some MacBook-user in close vicinity to close or shut down their
computer.
3. Observe the notification on your computer.
OBSERVED RESULT
Notifications about other users' computers appear on my computer.
EXPECTED RESULT
No notifications from other users' computers on my computer.
SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System: Fedora Linux 44
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 7.2.6-200.fc44.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 16 × Intel® Core™ i9-9980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 32 GiB of RAM (31,0 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Graphics Processor 2: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: XPS 15 7590
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.