At 12:32 AM 3/23/2006, Matt Rogers wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have enough resources to do continuous builds and nightly builds here and
>was wondering if there was an easy way to get that set up? I've read the wiki
>and confess to being a bit confused.

That would be great!

The easiest thing to do would be to take the ctest scripts that I am using for
dash17 and change a few path names.

The nightly can be found here:
http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060323-0100-Nightly/Notes.html

You can just save the above notes file into a file on your machine.
You will have to svn checkout kdelibs in
CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY before running the script the first time.
The script is run with ctest -S nameofscript.

Then set up a cronjob that looks something like this:

15   4  *   *   * ${HOME}/Dashboards/CMakeCVS/CMakeBin/bin/ctest -S
${HOME}/Dashboards/DashboardScripts/dash17_kde.cmake -V >
${HOME}/Dashboards/Logs/dash17.pass2.log 2>&1

The script for continuous can be found here:

http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060322-2101-Continuous/Notes.html

You will also want to change the CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY, and do an svn
checkout in that directory prior to running the script the first time.

And the cron entry is here:

15   8  *   *   * ${HOME}/Dashboards/CMakeCVS/CMakeBin/bin/ctest -S
${HOME}/Dashboards/DashboardScripts/dash17_kde_cont.cmake -V >
${HOME}/Dashboards/Logs/dash17.pass2.log 2>&1

If your compiler is not gcc and g++ you will have to change those lines.
The path to QT will also have to be changed to your installed location
of qt-copy.  At this point, this is the important line to change:

QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/home/kitware/Dashboards/Support/qt-copy-install/bin/qmake

If you want, you can modify the scripts and email them to me, and I can take a
quick
look to see if things look good, since it takes a long time to build.

-Bill