On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

Some of them like kword and koffice are already in unmaintained and closed for
bugs, not much more we can do with them other than deleting them which i'm not
sure it's a good idea.

Close the bugs as "unmaintained"? There's no reason to keep bugs open for dead projects.

Others like kftpgrabber may be either suggested for new people to adopt them
and if not moved to unmaintained.

I don't believe in that -- asking for maintainers never works. It's vanishingly rare that an unmaintained project gets a new lease of life, and it never happens if there's no maintainer around anymore to answer questions.

I guess we should also be really careful, as you said some software is "done"
and the fact that it didn't get any development doesn't mean it should be
killed.

Of course. But kmail (not kmail2) is _dead_. It's bugs should be closed. It's silly to see it cluttering up bugzilla's weekly top-twenty stats.

boudewijn