Am Dienstag, 8. August 2017, 20:05:16 CEST schrieb Jonathan Frederickson:
> Matrix has all of these, with the exception of perhaps "Multi-identity"
> and "Anonymous." (But it's HTTP, so you can tunnel it over Tor, there's
> no real name requirement as it's an open federated protocol, and you can
> create multiple accounts and use them for different purposes if you want.)

Matrix gets these via the IRC bridge if needed, since we (freenode) do support
Tor more or less natively, and obviously IRC also supports multi-identity.

> (By the way, I'm not affiliated with the Matrix project at all - I'm an
> enthusiastic user, and I've contributed Matrix support to a chatbot, but
> that's it!)

I'm fine with Matrix, we (freenode) are currently collaborating with them in
order to fix the various broken things in their bridge, once that is done, I'd
say it's a decent thing. Personally I wouldn't use it, but the good thing is:
I don't have to, it is bridged already.

Kind regards,

Christian