On 02/24/2012 11:51 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On sexta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2012 11.49.44, Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
despite the fact that you have a local kde build, the pluggins that gets
loaded by Qt when running a KDE or Qt application are not the ones you
compiled. An old one is used instead, that is inconsistent with the
libraries it links to.
The new, compiled one, should get loaded.
No change of so name will fix that.
Correct ?
Correct.

Make sure that your new KDE's installation is found by the Qt plugin system,
either by setting QT_PLUGIN_PATH or by editing Trolltech.conf.

Side note: since this is actually a recurring issue, I guess it should be documented on techbase (or elswhere more appropriate; suggestions welcome).

I'm ready to do so, but might need help, proof-reading from expert. Thiago ?

Cheers,

Hugo