On 5 Jan 2015, at 9:41, Milian Wolff wrote:

On Monday 05 January 2015 09:14:36 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
On 5 Jan 2015, at 4:05, Jan Kundrát wrote:
Ben, you and Jeff appear to disagree with my point that e.g. requiring
a PHP tool to be installed client-side on each developers' and
contributors' machine might be a little bit discouraging.

Yes, because you are repeatedly assuming that such a tool would be
required on all developers' and contributors' machines, and are ignoring our repeated statements that this is not a requirement to be a developer
or contributor.

I think you two are misunderstanding each other. Jan is worried about the cli tools for developers, i.e. what currently is rbt tools. You, otoh, speak about the server-side tools, which of course can be written in any language you are
willing to install on the server side.

Not at all. I perfectly understand what Jan is talking about.

--Jeff