Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> currently I'm trying to add KNewStuff3 support in yakuake.
> Unfortunately I've come to a point where I need some help.
>
> My first problem is that we want to validate the "entries" after
> installing them.
> Since there's not entryInstalled() signal in KNS3::DownloadWidget we
> agreed to validate all installed entries after the dialog/widget was
> closed. I implemented that, but it seems that it's not possible to
> uninstall an entry via code after it's been installed.
> The user would have to manually uninstall it via the UI.

It would be easy to extend this class to also allow uninstalling:

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-
apidocs/knewstuff/html/classKNS3_1_1DownloadManager.html

> The main problem here is that the KNS3::Engine header is not installed
> [0]. Having it installed would solve my problem.
> Do you think the header could be installed (plus having that fix
> backported to the 4.6 branch), since it does not break anything (but add
> something useful instead)?
> I'm not sure what would speak against it, as the KNS2::Engine header is
> already installed.

With knewstuff2 we hat huge trouble to improve anything since everything was
exported. This led to me being cautious in kns3.
Actually one pending issue is making the engine shared accross threads which
will be fixable thanks to not exporting it.

> My second problem is the provider configuration.
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, since calling the opendesktop API
> directly ([1]) only lists one entry.
> But when using knewstuff4 and the knsrc file (see [2]) it lists quite a
> few entries, which are in different categories.
> Is there something wrong with my knsrc file or is there some other
> configuration (maybe on the opendesktop.org side?) required for the
> "Yakuake Skins" category (this category is available on kde-look.org:
> [3]).

This really seems like a bug, I don't know when I'll find the time to look
into it though.

Cheers,
Frederik