On Monday, 7 de February de 2011 10:05:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, February 7, 2011, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > shame if that feature went away I think. And I find it hard to imagine
> > how many QFiles you would need to create to actually notice the drop in
> > performance.
>
> as i said, talk with Qt devs. it's apparently enough of a pain that there is
> a desire to get rid of the file engines in their current form. mobile makes
> this particularly an issue from what i understand.

Applications that instantiate file engines (beyond the default ones from Qt --
the FS one and the Resources one) may suffer performance penalty from 4.8
onwards.

Applications that don't do that will instead see performance improvements in
accessing the filesystem.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358