On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:51, Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 17:16, Supreet Pal Singh <supreet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey
>> This book could come in handy while starting development for KDE.
>> http://en.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/
>>

> Thank you. Is that the same information that is in the KDE Techbase?
> If not, why isn't it there? I do not think that spreading the
> information out to other sites is really in the interest of the KDE
> community.

It is in the interest of the KDE community in several ways:
* during the creation of the book various documentation was updated
* it is a one-stop solution we can now give to people instead of
pointing them to various wikis and so on
* we can get these printed and hand them out at tutorials and other events
* it can be bought as paper-back (and revenue will go to KDE e.V. to
sponsor sprints and so on)
* it was a massive effort to write this in 5 days and I think the
writers have learned something applicable to our other documentation
efforts

Cheers
Lydia

PS: The book is open to editing and I'm sure the authors would appreciate input.

--
Lydia Pintscher
KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member