Congrats!

as soon as I got some spare time I'll take a look,
some time ago I found your code on some list and
was willing to continue it since I very upset with
mtp and linux (of course because of my new Android phone),
mtpfs is what get's closer to a good solution but it simply
stops working.

Tho mtpfs also uses libmtp I'm not sure the kio will
be able to provide a better implementation, but it
will surely be more well integrated in KDE.

So now I wonder that it seems gfs, gphoto & friends
all try to talk to the device without locks leading to
some devices have to be rebooted or unplugged,
do you think it's possible to have a lock between these
implementations?

2012/9/17 Philipp Schmidt <philschm...@gmx.net>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> about half a year ago I boldly stated that I would implement a MTP KIO Slave.
> Well, my master thesis and other stuff kept me busy and from that work, but
> when I read that a Gnome developer published his first version of a GVFS
> implementation…. Well, let's say that competition is good for motivation ;).
>
> So here it is: The MTP KIO Slave. Pre Release, with the required warning that
> it may eat cats, dogs or flies (Might not be such a bad thing) and may not be
> the universal answer 42 you were looking for.
>
> For now you can get it at my scratch repository, as soon as the repo request
> is through I will announce the new playground-url here as well.
>
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/schmidt/kio-mtp.git
>
> Now for the fun part: What works (What I have been able to test so far)
>
> All important things (yay)
>  * Listing dirs and files
>  * Creating dirs and files
>  * Copying to and from the device (including recursive copy, thanks to KIO for
> implemting that for me!)
>  * Deleting stuff (recursively too, see above :D)
>
> All operations with progress indicators where applicable.
>
> What still needs testing:
>  * the put/get methods, both with the following patch applied to kdelibs and
> without: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=134252481824750&w=2
>
> Comments on the code are welcome. I will clean it up in the following days,
> including applying one coding style throughout, right now some older code is
> still formatted differently.
>
> So, tell me what you think!
>
> Cheers, Philipp

Daniel Nicoletti