On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 20:49:39 Nikhil Marathe wrote:
> Its good to see your interest in contributing to open source.
> But KDE is a desktop environment, so very few if any projects interact
> with the Linux kernel directly or involve writing modules for it.

Not actually true. KDE is a community of Free software lovers. It's *NOT* tied
to a desktop, or end-user facing software at all.

See http://manifesto.kde.org

I think having a kernel module project inside KDE would be very exciting from
that point of view. Your knowledge about kernel hacking would indeed best fit
into the Plasma Active subproject, ad Nikhil mentions.

Cheers,
--
sebas