On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Thomas Lübking
<thomas.luebk...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 13. März 2013 15:20:17 CEST, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>
>  I think having a kernel module project inside KDE would be very exciting
>> from that point of view. Your knowledge about kernel hacking would
>>

>  did my RHCE two years ago
>>> have a fair knowledge about BASH scripting
>>> have a basic knowledge of C language
>>>

> @Karan
> Do you actually want to contribute to the linux kernel or some existing
> KDE (or similar desktop) project (like the desktop shell or dolphin or
> kwrite etc.)

Thanks for your prompt and positive replies.
Yes, I would like it very much to contribute to an existing KDE  project. A
close friend of mine is also attached to the digikam community and i'm very
much impressed and inspired by you guys.

> If indeed to the kernel (ie. HW drivers, the I/O stack, process scheduling
> etc.), did you confuse "basic" with "fundamental" or are you looking for a
> mentor in kernel development.

And yes, I am also looking for a mentor who can guide me

--
Regards :)
Karan