În ziua de Vin 11 Sep 2015, la 18:19:36, Persson, Simon a scris:
> On 2015-09-09 22:45, Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a KDE developer, and at work me and my coleagues use Krusader.
> >
> > I see that the last release was 2 years ago (even though it was a
> > beta), but since then there have been a multitude of commits.
> >
> > What heppened? Why hasn't there been a release for so long?
>
> Hello!
>
> Thanks for showing interest! I am just a long time Krusader user who
> decided to help porting the application to use Qt5 and KF5.
> The port is done and works well. Feel free to help out testing the new
> version, it should be good enough for daily use now. Report any findings
> to bugzilla and krusader-devel mailing list please!
>
> We have not talked so much about when to release, we could do it pretty
> much anytime now I guess. Just need someone to have time and motivation
> to do it (and perhaps a little bit more confidence that it all works).
>
> The lack of new releases for the last years is simply that nobody has
> been working on it. Activity only started up again recently.
If there would be a release of what we currently have, that would reach a whole
lot more users then waiting around for people to compile master.

If it's stable enough for some regular usage, then let's release. If there are
bugs, people will report them, and they will be fixed.

In order to release, what's the next step to be taken?

*Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN*
GeekAliens.com[1]
Kubuntu Romania Representative[2]

--------