From time to time, I give the git version as per aur (arch user repo) a try. For how the main blocker is for me, that the kile application window increases while using it. I can right now not rember if it was triggered by moving the windows or by pressing "return". Are you interested in a bug report, or is this too early?

Thanks for the update.

P.s.: I use kile on a daily basis to write up everthing that is not ment to stay plain text or source code. :) Thanks for this great app.

On 01/28/2016 06:24 PM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:08:38 PM CET Wolfgang Mader wrote:
Dear list,

inspired by the mail concerning the KF5 port status of Okular, I kindly
want to ask about the KF5 porting effort of Kile. According to the
portingstatus page[1], Kile should be ready to go. Is there a timeline
for a KF5 based release?
Hi, AFAIS the porting tasks are essentially done. Yet this is very different
from saying Kile were in a releasable state :) The main blocker is probably
that the KF5-version of Okular must be released first. (But since Kile is in
Extragear there is more flexibility at the release cycles in this regard.)
However, there are currently some bugs in the KF5-based master branch, which
for me would name the quality somewhat like pre-alpha. And maybe, since I am
only used to my personal workflows, there are possible more sublte porting bugs
that still have to be found.
Having a schedule for Okular would be a "must" to start thinking about a
schedule for Kile IMO.

Cheers,
Andreas

PS: I am also CC-ing Michel, the Kile maintainer