Am 2017-02-23 00:08, schrieb Boudhayan Gupta:
Hi Martin,

Is there some sort of logic possible with a combination of suid-root
and seccomp? I think if we probe devices via solid, that'll need to
have a QApplication instantiated and we'd have to drop root privileges
before we init that.

Se my other mails: just creating the QApplication as root exposes a severe risk. And there is nothing we can do about it from application side.

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);
// now we are owned on X11
return app.exec();
}

Cheers
Martin

Thanks,
Boudhayan

Freundliche Grüße
Boudhayan Gupta
KDE e.V. - Sysadmin and Community Working Groups
+49 151 71032970