Am 2017-02-16 09:16, schrieb Reindl Harald:
Am 16.02.2017 um 06:28 schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
Even xlib and xcb hardly protect against a malicious X server. And we just cannot assume any more that X is running as root

really? i fear before we see X11 running without root in the wild it's
replaced by wayland....

Sorry, but this is really a bad argument. This is exactly the push-back we get which I talked about during my presentation at QtCon. When someone tries to make the system more secure, people are actively pushing back with stupid and wrong arguments. We as a community make the NSA's job easier. We should be ashamed of us!

Now to your argument. Fedora ships Wayland in the wild. So what exactly is your point? KFloppy also works on GNOME. Should we not consider GNOME users for the security aspect?

Cheers
Martin