What distro are you using? This sounds like a rebuilding/packaging issue.

Nate

On 6/11/20 2:47 AM, Erkan Durmuş wrote:
Hi,

Being user of KDE Plasma for 3 years, I'm thankful to devs for this nice desktop environment which makes Linux a real desktop OS. Biggest problem I faced ( at least 3 times) is about qt libs. When I update/install packages related to QT framework, KDE is also effected and will not start sddm with errros about *qt.qpa.xcb*. Latest error was "qt.qpa.xcb cannot connect to display xcb even though it was found". Reinstalling qt related libs helps sometimes, but this is a pain.

Can't we freeze OS used QT libs and differentiate it from user space QT libs? Or at least can't we protect this libs and offer a rescue(like MSWin)?

Regards,
Erkan
Sent from Mailspring