Hi everyone,

I’m interested in how the CI jobs work. I expected that they are virtual
machines, set up to build the respective commit of the respective repository.

I looked at the command line output of some Okular CI jobs, and they don’t
appear to be set up to build something. For each run, they appear to install
everything needed from apt, then build the whole repository in every detail.
This is not how I usually build stuff at home; my system already has
everything installed, and I only need to rebuild what has changed. Is all that
computation needed? Seems like a waste of CI minutes to me.

clang_format makes this output:

@ Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 perl-modules [...]

Looks terrifying. Do CI jobs fetch stuff from lokal mirrors in their virtual
environment, or is it terrifying?

Cheers, David