On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:33 AM David Hurka <david.hu...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> > Hi David,
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> > The official CI jobs at https://build.kde.org/ work in different ways
> > depending on the type of build [...] Jobs running on Gitlab are for
> > experimental purposes only and should never be relied upon for any purposes.
>
> Yes, I am talking about Gitlab CI jobs. I wasn’t aware of build.kde.org that
> moment, sorry for being unprecise. :)
>

>From my understanding of our current Gitlab CI setup, all of these are
run using Docker jobs and therefore are freshly spawned for each
build.
Hence the need to download those packages every time.

I'm afraid we don't provide a cache for this.

This is something that will likely change when the official CI system
is ported over to Gitlab (Phase 2 of the Gitlab migration).

Cheers,
Ben