Hi list,

back then, I advocated to release libkgeomap as a single library via KDE (not
as a part of Digikam), so that distributors would include it and it became
available to users without Digikam being installed.

This was beacause we used that library (along with libkface, also from the
Digikam project) in KPhotoAlbum.

Quite some time ago, we dropped libkface support, and -- speaking of Gentoo --
the library also disappeared from Portage. With the next release of
KPhotoAlbum (I'll expectedly tag it this week-end), we will also drop
libkgeomap in favor of using Marble's API directly.

As far as I know, we from KPhotoAlbum were the only project (apart from
Digikam itself of course) to use those libraries. So, if nobody has an
objection against it, maybe there's no longer a need to keep those libraries
as single-release parts of KDE.

Cheers, Tobias