On 12/09/2013 10:32, Aleix Pol wrote:
I'd say that all Qt dependencies in the module should be defined only
once in the root CMakeLists.txt. Actually this should be the only file
with "find_package" calls.
At a high level, that sounds reasonable, but I don't think this is necessarily the best solution for all cases. It it useful to hard-depend on, for example, QtTest and QtWidgets in the root, when they are only required by autotests (and one may choose not to build them)?

We could try an be stricter, but in practice what is useful for
distribution is the find_dependency call in the Config.cmake.in
<http://Config.cmake.in> file...
While I am in favour of only depending on what's actually required for the build (which in my opinion is in the spirit of the individual frameworks thing), I am not too bothered either way.

My main motivation is to establish how things should be, and send a consistency patch. That will make it a little bit easier for packaging too.