ervin marked 6 inline comments as done.
ervin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in kconfigdialogmanager.cpp:609
> Why not item->readDefault()?

Wouldn't do the same thing at all. readDefault() takes a KConfig object and
updates the default value stored in the item with what it found in there.

Yes, I know... the item API is weird...

> davidedmundson wrote in kconfigdialogmanager.cpp:625
> won't it do it itself when the property changes?

Good point, was indeed unnecessary now, I removed the line.

> davidedmundson wrote in settingsstatusindicator.cpp:75
> > This is equivalent to calling showFullScreen(), showMaximized(), or
> > setVisible(true), depending on the platform's default behavior for the
> > window flags.
>
> For X and wayland it's setVisible(true)
>
> but we shouldn't count on it.

I don't think it matters for widgets which have a parent and not the Qt::Window
window flag, but OK, switching to setVisible() instead of show/hide.

> davidedmundson wrote in settingsstatusindicator.cpp:175
> unused?

I'm not sure how you end up to this conclusion, it's written two below if we
are at the window edge, and it's used in the move call at the end.

> davidedmundson wrote in settingsstatusindicator.cpp:184
> Can we be sure the tracked widget always has a parent widget?
>
> If someone doesn't use layouts a widget might not have a parent.

Well that'd mean the tracked widget is a window... it's pretty much an
impossibility IMO.

> davidedmundson wrote in settingsstatusindicator.cpp:192
> that's not true for the RTL case where the widget is expected to resize.
>
> It would be   w->pos().x() + w->width() - widgetExpectedWidth(w)

Either I misunderstood what you meant or you got the math wrong on that one.

What you're proposing (or what I understood you're proposing) breaks the "RTL +
widget at edge" case in my tests. The line I wrote is working perfectly fine
for my tests with desktoppath and qtquicksettings both in LTR and RTL modes.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets

To: ervin, ngraham, davidedmundson, meven, crossi, bport, #vdg, ndavis, broulik
Cc: alexde, ndavis, iasensio, davidre, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack,