ngraham added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7828#160028, @aacid wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7828#160018, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Once you press tab the focus moves elsewhere and hitting return or enter
will press whatever's selected rather than the original default button. So
really the concept of a "Default Button" in our world seems to mostly be
synonymous with "the button that receives focus by default." In this case, then
there should only be one focus, and that focus should be on whatever is marked
as a default button. Makes sense to me.

  > Hmmm, that's not really what it happens, is it?
  >  otherwise  "i am focused on the checkbox but press enter and the button
gets pressed" would never happen?

  It seems that regardless, the condition with this Dolphin dialog box where
the checkbox receives focus but another buttin is marked as Default is actually
unintentional, and is a bug that should be fixed.

  Try this in Kate: Open a new document, type some stuff, and close it. In the
resulting dialog box, he "Save" button is focused by default, but if you hit
tab or the right arrow key, the focus will shift to another button and then
hitting return or enter will press that button. This is a really nice feature.

  In other words, it seems intentional that the button marked default will
always receive focus.

To: emateli, #frameworks, ngraham, aacid, #vdg
Cc: abetts, subdiff, ngraham, aacid, #frameworks