mgallien added a comment.

  In D10803#214655 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10803#214655>, @astippich
wrote:

  > In D10803#213783 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10803#213783>, @michaelh
wrote:

  > > In D10803#213767 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10803#213767>, @astippich
wrote:

  > > > I don't know dolphin works, but given how KFileMetadata is designed,
the new tags should be ignored until explicit support is added in dolphin.

  > > Please try that. For unknown types baloo-widgets (responsible for
infopanel/tooltips) falls back to `value.toString()`, no idea what will happen
when you feed it with binary data. The cover properties return binary data,
right?

  > The cover is binary data, right. And I think I was wrong. While I don't
fully understand yet how baloo-widgets work, from what I've read all available
properties are automatically queried. The binary data would then be converted
to a string as you said. So adding the cover this way may not be a good
solution. A different interface should be created for image/binary data.
  >  I think I will split this into two diffs and do the cover images
separately.

  This is not necessary. You could use a QImage or a QPixmap. You can put them
in a QVariant and they should be converted to an empty QString.
  As far as I understand, in Elisa, we would need to access them with
QQuickImageProvider. All in all, well done job.

  I am not sure for the rating given that there is also a rating (the one used
in Elisa) that is stored as an extended file system attribute independent from
the file mime type. One limit of this rating is that it is specific to the
KFileMetaData API users. Do you have an idea ?

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData

To: astippich, mgallien
Cc: dfaure, michaelh, ngraham, #frameworks