ngraham added a comment.

  So from in-person conversations this week, it seems like we have a few paths
forward here:

  - Upstream the features we wrote into our PlasmaComponents TextField and then
just use that. **Downsides**: lengthy process, will take forever before we can
actually use it here.
  - Finally fix the Qt bug that prevents QQC1 and PC2 components with text from
working properly. **Downsides**: we already tried this and accidentally made it
worse. Seems tricky.
  - Work around the text rendering issue in the QQC1 style as well so that all
QQC1 and PC2 components with text look fine with no other modifications.
**Downsides**: maybe none? Am I not seeing them? @davidedmundson?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

To: ngraham, #plasma, mart, davidedmundson