In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:44:56AM -0700, Booker C. Bense wrote:
: > On 24 Jul 2001, Ken Raeburn wrote:
: >
: > > Yes, it applies.  Tom's working on a patch.
: > >
: >
: > - Is it likely to be much different from the FreeBSD patches?
: > (i.e. get rid of nfrontp and use output_data() ?)
:
: I can't speak for the MIT folk, BUT, FreeBSD has produced patches to the
: telnetd in their "port" of MIT krb5 v1.2.2, and it applies cleanly to
: plain MIT krb5 v1.2.2. So, unless MIT is working on a different angle
: for solving the problem, I don't see why their patch should have to be
: much different from the FreeBSD patch.
:

I think the patch that will be released will be fairly different
from the FreeBSD patch.  The FreeBSD patch has a couple of
problems:

 . it doesn't handle the transmission of urgent data properly

 . it has the potential for stack overflows because of recursive
   calls between netflush() and output_data()

Give MIT a few days to do this right.  You can use the FreeBSD patch
in the meantime if you feel there is a significant need.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 Beta available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.