jwackley> Speaking in very general terms, there were some cleanliness
jwackley> issues, but I would hope that the make check step would pick
jwackley> up any real issues.

Well, I know make check will likely show some errors in util/db2 and
lib/rpc given the 64-bit uncleanliness of existing sources in the
1.2.3 release, but I don't think the build actually fails.

jwackley> One build had a problem with alloca, another build had a
jwackley> problem with unresolved symbols.  If you suggest the
jwackley> configure options, I will give you build output.  Is this a
jwackley> fair deal?  :-)

Hm.  I have never seen alloca problems while building krb5.  Anyway,
if you have the native compiler, try configuring using
--with-cc='cc -Ae'

Does it fail to build even if you don't use --enable-shared?

---Tom