In regard to: RE: Compiling hpux PA2.0W (LP64) dynamic libraries, Jonathan...:

>Yes, the the generated ftpcmd.c contains calls to alloca.  It is in the
>bison.simple that I am using.  Should I change the bison.simple or use the
>+Olibcalls that someone suggested?

You don't need to change the bison.simple, but you should take a look at
the top of the ftpcmd.c that's generated using ftpcmd.y.  That should
tell you what version of bison is being used to generate it.  Several
older versions of bison (including 1.28, I think) had some alloca
chicanery that didn't work correctly for HP-UX.

If ftpcmd.c is being generated on your box, make sure you've got a very
recent bison, or delete bison and let configure find yacc (which you
should have, since you have the ANSI C compiler).

+Olibcalls *might* still work anyway (even with the ftpcmd.c generated
from the older bison), though, because of an odd coincidence that I
won't go into, but your best bet is to make sure that your bison is
recent (or deleted in favor of yacc).

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]