I'm a newbie to Kerberos and am looking for some help.  We are going
to use Kerberos and strong authentication to supply security to an
Oracle 9i database.

>From reading the documentation, I see that once you install and
configure Kerberos on the client and server, you simply perform an
okinit or a kinit and you get you credentials then you can access the
DB from sqlplus.

But what about from an application that uses ODBC.  How do we get a
ticket?  Do we use the GSSAPI, do we have to okinit before ODNC can
connect?  I'm not sure how to proceed.  Can I use ODBC or and other
tools without doing a okinit?  Will performing a get_cred with the
GSSAPI create a ticket on the client?

Thanks,
John