On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:16:00PM -0600, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> That would work, but does not solve the N**2 key problem which transitive turst
> was deigned to solve.

> > Then that is what you should do.

> It still looks like a bug to me. Steve, is the FOO.TWO.NET realm listed in
> the ONE.NET krb5.conf file used by the KDC? Can the ONE.NET KDC use DNS to
> find it? It could be it is failing as it does not recognize the realm name.

KDCs for all realms are published with DNS.  If I create cross-realm keys
between any two realms, I'm able to acquire service tickets without any
problems.  It's only the two-hop scenario that trips me up.

> Did this work with krb5-1.2.2 or earlier?

1.2.3 is the first version that I've personally tried this with.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer