I saw a similar crash when running the prepare script with a Saucy64
host, a Saucy32 1rst and Saucy32 2nd level guest. The 1rst level guest
cpu set to core2duo and I also had to replace the qemu-system-x86_64 by
qemu (which maps to the same arch). Otherwise the 2nd level guest was
not started at all.

That would on one run give a double-fault as you had, but the second
attempt did succeed. Though both runs had a lot of NMI (reason 21 and
31) messages in them.

  general protection fault running apt-get inside double nested kvm VM

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “qemu-kvm” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “linux” source package in Saucy:
  In Progress
Status in “qemu-kvm” source package in Saucy:

  Attempting to run apt-get in a nested vm hosted in OpenStack results
  in a  general protection fault in the kernel in the nested VM.