After testing every kernel under the sun, I found that 4.2.0.x kernels
appear to the last ones with normal idle load. I tested all the 4.2, 4.3
and 4.4 kernels marked "-wily" and found that they all had the increased
load. I didn't test any of hte unstable ones. The load averages are,
however, more pronounced on 4.3 than 4.2. For example, I'm seeing 1.4 to
2.2 for the 4.2 kernel, and then it jumps for to 2.1 to 2.6 for the
4.(3,4,5) kernels.

** Summary changed:

- high load with 4.4 and 4.5 kernels for Intel Mobile processors
+ high load with on 4.2.x+ kernels for Intel Mobile processors

  high load with on 4.2.x+ kernels for Intel Mobile processors

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Running the mainline kernel builds, I'm seeing high load averages for
  my Intel Mobile processor. When I revert back to the 4.2 kernel, the
  load goes back down. (Reason for using the 4.5 kernel is because the
  Intel i915 Graphics driver crashes/freezes).