I believe it was on IRC. I think the suggestion was that it may be appropriate for ZoL. I wasn't sure if it was already in the works or not. Given that this is news to you, I assume nobody has applied for one.
I realize we don't want new features. I'm not suggesting always syncing from the Ubuntu development release. I'm suggesting pulling in ZoL micro releases only. If upstream ZoL stops cutting micro releases for the minor that is in a particular released version of Ubuntu, then it'd be back to backporting. It just so happens at this moment that what is in Yakkety is just a micro upgrade from what is in Xenial. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1594871 Title: Sync up latest relevant upstream bug fixes Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu: In Progress Bug description: There are several upstream zfs bug fixes that would be beneficial to sync into zfs utils as a SRU, namely: Fix user namespaces uid/gid mapping commit 874bd959f4f15b3d4b007160ee7ad3f4111dd341 ZFS #4177 Fix ZPL miswrite of default POSIX ACL commit 98f03691a4c08f38ca4538c468e9523f8e6b24be ZFS #4520 Create unique partition labels commit fbffa53a5cdb9b796de5afc9be8c1f79619253d4 ZFS #4517 Fix inverted logic on none elevator comparison commit 60a4ea3f948f1596b92b666fc7dd21202544edbb ZFS #4507 Remove wrong ASSERT in annotate_ecksum commit 21ea9460fa880bb072a9ca9d845aef740f9d3af6 ZFS #4257 Fix 'zpool import' blkid device names commit c9ca152fd1de1b0fd959e772b9a25d14a891952b ZFS #4523, #3043 Use udev for partition detection commit 2cb77346cb698ae0c233c7baf8b4c787205b54e9 ZFS #4523, #3708, #4077, #4144, #4214, #4517 To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zfs-linux/+bug/1594871/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

