I have always encountered this issues after fresh install of ubuntu (ubuntu 
14.04, ubuntu 15.10, ubuntu 16.04) and after update or upgrade, this problem 
has still remained. There was no prior kernel version where I was not having 
this problem.
As you requested, I tested the latest v4.7 kernel but this bug was not fixed.

** Tags removed: bot-comment
** Tags added: kernel-bug-exists-upstream

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1598457

Title:
  ubuntu does not  power off when the laptop is plugged in

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Whenever my laptop (HP pavilion 15) is plugged in and when I try to
  shutdown or hibernate, the system stops the process somewhere in the
  middle and stays in the plymouth logo. Hard drive is stopped, fan is
  in working, power and wifi indicator light are glowing. Suspend and
  resume work both without any problems. When my laptop is not plugged
  in, the system is shutdown or hibernate correctly.

  OS: All ubuntu OS and its derivatives (ubuntu 14.04,...,16.04, Linux
  mint, Elementary OS)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1598457/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to