I couldn't when I submitted the bug. In the mean time I have installed
14.04 and then upgraded to 16.04
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Confirmed
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1603312
Title:
Ubuntu server installer: keyboard not working
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO
I tried three different USB keyboards of different brands (Razer,
Logitech and a generic one).
The keyboard works in grub but once the installer starts and asks for
language selection, the keyboard stops working.
I tried to plug/unplug, USB3/USB2, hub/no hub: I cannot find a single
workaround and thus cannot install 16.04.
The 14.04.4 installer doesn't have such an issue.
---
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version
k4.4.0-34-generic.
AplayDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
ArecordDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
AudioDevicesInUse: Error: command ['fuser', '-v', '/dev/snd/by-path',
'/dev/snd/hwC0D0', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D2c', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D1p',
'/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p', '/dev/snd/controlC0', '/dev/snd/seq',
'/dev/snd/timer'] failed with exit code 1:
Card0.Amixer.info: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Card0.Amixer.values: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
HibernationDevice: RESUME=/dev/mapper/zen--vg-swap_1
InstallationDate: Installed on 2009-01-01 (2793 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 14.04.4 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20160217.1)
MachineType: ASUS All Series
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zcommon znvpair zavl
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.4.0-34-generic
root=/dev/mapper/zen--vg-root ro swapaccount=1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-34.53-generic 4.4.15
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-34-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-34-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.157.3
RfKill: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Tags: xenial
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-34-generic x86_64
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-07-21 (35 days ago)
UserGroups:
_MarkForUpload: True
dmi.bios.date: 10/28/2014
dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
dmi.bios.version: 2102
dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
dmi.board.name: H87M-PRO
dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
dmi.board.version: Rev X.0x
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890
dmi.chassis.type: 3
dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr2102:bd10/28/2014:svnASUS:pnAllSeries:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnH87M-PRO:rvrRevX.0x:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
dmi.product.name: All Series
dmi.product.version: System Version
dmi.sys.vendor: ASUS
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1603312/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp