   failure to boot with linux-image-4.15.0-24-generic

  Boot delays with 4.15.0-24 based kernels in images

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We (Canonical CPC) are seeing an issue with today's build of the
  bionic minimal cloud images. Boot stops at "Starting Initial cloud-
  init job (metadata service crawler)..." for nearly 5 minutes (booting
  on scalingstack and locally with kvm) this is with a new kernel, but
  otherwise no changes over the prior image.

  Image (manifest and logs) exhibiting this behaviour @ https://private-
  fileshare.canonical.com/~philroche/bionic-minimal-20180703/

  With server teams's help we have narrowed it down to "Synchronized to
  time server 91.189.91.157:123 (ntp.ubuntu.com)." taking over 4
  minutes.

  On Kamal's instruction we also tried  linux-kvm 4.15.0-1013.13 and
  bionic GA linux (4.15.0-24.26). Both of which also exhibit this
  regression.

  For reference: Kamal noted on IRC that the problem was possibly
  introduced in the GA kernel and is not specific to the kvm kernel.