Hi Zhanglei, I've faced this issue some time ago - in fact, it's not
a bug, but some annoyance caused by the multipath introduction in the
nvme driver.

It started recently, after [0] - the introduction of NVMe multipath
brought a change in the way namespaces' "identity" is calculated. Basically,
another level of indirection was added, now we have the "ns_head" entity,
also driver started to use the subsystem instance instead of the ctrl
instance (even with no multipath used), so we may have this link
"mismatch" you have observed.

Recently this was improved by [1], so now if user sets the kernel command-line
parameter "nvme_core.multipath=0", the old behavior was restored. Can
you give it a try? This fix was added in 4.15.0-34 bionic's kernel
(same for Xenial's HWE kernel).

Also, this is the same old discussion of the SCSI naming sdX - we shouldn't
rely on the numbering, usually it's recommended to use some permanent
index, like the partition UUID.

Cheers,

Guilherme

[0] ed754e5dee ("nvme: track shared namespaces")
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=ed754e5dee

[1] a785dbccd9 ("nvme/multipath: Fix multipath disabled naming collisions")
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=a785dbccd9

  nvme name floated after boot with 4.15.0 kernel

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  nvme device name such as /dev/nvme?n?p? would be floated that is
  symbol link to different real ssd device after reboot in 4.15.0 kernel
  for 16.04.5 HWE and 18.04 GA-kernel. This are not found on 16.04.5 GA-
  kernel ( 4.4.0)