Hi Guo, the Ubuntu kernels schedule can be checked here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Support .

Ubuntu kernel team chooses a kernel version for a specific release, and
once that release is available, there's a support schedule. Some
versions have long-term support, so they're called LTS.

In particular, the ascending list of Ubuntu kernel starting in 4.4 is:
4.4(*), 4.8, 4.10, 4.13, 4.15(*) and now, to be released this month with
Ubuntu 18.10, 4.18(*). The versions with asterisks are officially
supported (or to be supported, in case of 4.18).

Notice that version 4.17 was never a supported version for any Ubuntu release,
so there is no official package for it. The LTS versions of Ubuntu (like 14.04,
16.04 and 18.04) receive kernel updates in form of the HWE kernel packages
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack), so you can for example get
v4.15 in Ubuntu 16.04 (although its release version is 4.4).
Notice the HWE releases are supported for 6 months, and then superseded by the
latest HWE. Except the final HWE kernel, which is supported until Ubuntu's
release end-of-life (4.15 , for example, is supported in 16.04 until it's EOL,
in 2021).

That said, my suggestion is to use v4.15, which is the latest supported
version, and fixes your problem. You can use v4.18 without support right
now in 18.04 (from kernel team's unstable PPA) - it'll be the official
release for Ubuntu 18.10, and the first HWE for Ubuntu 18.04 (in
February, probably). Version 4.18 is not supported (and will never be)
for 16.04.

About RAC, I don't know what it means - can you clarify?
If you still have any questions about the kernel versions, let me know.
Cheers,

Guilherme

  nvme name floated after boot with 4.15.0 kernel

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  nvme device name such as /dev/nvme?n?p? would be floated that is
  symbol link to different real ssd device after reboot in 4.15.0 kernel
  for 16.04.5 HWE and 18.04 GA-kernel. This are not found on 16.04.5 GA-
  kernel ( 4.4.0)