** Tags added: verification-needed-eoan

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Firmware for Radeon RX5700 (navi10) missing / boot failure

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-firmware source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in linux-firmware source package in Eoan:

  As an owner of a Radeon RX5700 GPU, I was really looking forward to
  the Eoan release which includes the Linux Kernel 5.3 and Mesa 19.2 -
  both with finally Radeon RX5700 (navi10) support. However, upgrading
  my system from Kubuntu 18.10 (working) via 19.04 (does not boot) to
  19.10 resulted in a boot failure. Last message shown on the screen is:

  fb0: switching to amdgpudrmfb from EFI VGA

  After some research I found that the package linux-firmware does not
  include the necessary files /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi10_*. After I
  manually copied the missing files from the repository
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-
  firmware.git, I was able to boot normally.

  Please update the package linux-firmware and add the needed firmware.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        19.10
  $ apt-cache policy linux-firmware
  linux-firmware: