@sforshee: Given the severity of this issue, and that it's only adding
new files, I'm inclined to say we fasttrack the release, but I'd also
like to see a follow-up upload that includes the missing files the
drivers reference (if they exist), or patch the drivers to stop
referencing them (if they don't, and won't).

Any opinions on both those things?

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Firmware for Radeon RX5700 (navi10) missing / boot failure

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-firmware source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in linux-firmware source package in Eoan:

  As an owner of a Radeon RX5700 GPU, I was really looking forward to
  the Eoan release which includes the Linux Kernel 5.3 and Mesa 19.2 -
  both with finally Radeon RX5700 (navi10) support. However, upgrading
  my system from Kubuntu 18.10 (working) via 19.04 (does not boot) to
  19.10 resulted in a boot failure. Last message shown on the screen is:

  fb0: switching to amdgpudrmfb from EFI VGA

  After some research I found that the package linux-firmware does not
  include the necessary files /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi10_*. After I
  manually copied the missing files from the repository
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-
  firmware.git, I was able to boot normally.

  Please update the package linux-firmware and add the needed firmware.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        19.10
  $ apt-cache policy linux-firmware
  linux-firmware: